It was the day after my birth
As we stood behind a closed door
My twenty-fourth curse
On a stranger's black & white tiled floor
I made promises I didn't want to keep
After I lied to the one I love
About where I pretend to sleep
& what my dreams were made of
Bottles were opened
Water was splashed
Words were defended
About making it last
Instead it finally came to an end
After putting your patience on trial
I had no idea that in ten months from then
I would be no stranger to those tiles
As we stood behind a closed door
My twenty-fourth curse
On a stranger's black & white tiled floor
I made promises I didn't want to keep
After I lied to the one I love
About where I pretend to sleep
& what my dreams were made of
Bottles were opened
Water was splashed
Words were defended
About making it last
Instead it finally came to an end
After putting your patience on trial
I had no idea that in ten months from then
I would be no stranger to those tiles
No comments:
Post a Comment